This is a nice and easy recipe for mapo tofu using premade sauce, excellent for winter.
My variant is much less spicy and has less sauce than the traditional recipe. If you like spicier food you can add some more chili paste.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1/2 lb ground pork (you can substitute beef or Impossible meat, but this will affect the taste)
- 14 oz soft/silken tofu (one box)
- half a jar of Lee Kum Kee mapo sauce
- garlic powder
- Cut the tofu into 3/4” cubes
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium, and add the pork to the pan
- Once the pork is broken up, season with salt/pepper/garlic powder and stir.
- When the pork is cooked, add the tofu and the mapo sauce, and stir. If it looks really dry, add 1/4 cup of water.
- Reduce the stove to medium-low, put a lid on the pan and continue to cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.